Monday, March 16, 2009

"Don't cry because it's over"

Smile because it happened! This is my new saying. Well it is official. April 3rd Iam out of a job. A job that I love a job that I have been at for the past 7 years. Let me start from the beginning. When I was in college I did an internship at LifeSpan Circle School. This particular school was school for children with and without disabilities. I loved it there and knew after college I wanted to teach there. After I graduated that is just what I did. I got a job teaching in the oldest room there. I worked with the 4 and 5 year olds. For the first few years I worked with children with and without disabilities. These last few years I have had more EC children and I love it. These children are my heart. This is what I was put on earth to do I know it. Well my company decided to close us and know I feel like my world it broken. This is all I have known for the past 7 years. I have made some of my closet friends here and met some wonderful children who have really changed me as a person. This is all I know. I can't even imagine not going there daily. I found the saying "Don't cry because it's over smile because it happened" and this is soooo fitting. I have been telling myself to look back and look at all the lives I have made a difference in. I will be trying to get a teaching job at the school that all of these children will be going to so I just keep praying and keep my fingers crossed.

Anyway I have to start cleaning out my room and 7 years is a long time to accumulate stuff


That is in my room, not only that but also things in my room and on the walls.

Well I have loved every minute of it and I hope only the best for these kids. I love everyone of them like they were my own.

2 comments:

Kari Lynn said...

I hope you get a job at the school your kids are going to. I love it when people are doing a job they love. I've been at my job for 16 years (started right out of high school) and I only go to pay the bills.

jenniedub said...

So are you a certified special education teacher? If so I am sure you won't have a problem getting a job. I am just an elementary teacher but am the "inclusion" teacher and these inclusion children always need some extra love and attention!
PS I am a first time visitor to your blog!


My little shudder bug!